Thursday, January 22, 2009

Party of Helicopters Megapost

Frequently it seems pretty reductive to say this is my "favorite" band. Who can have a fav these days? Pitchfork even shat all over this band. But this band balances irony and earnestness, and adds a healthy dose of shoegazey vocals and pop hooks with their vaguely metallic post-hardcore riffage. Their guitarist is a personal idol of mine, though he now plays drums in Teeth of the Hydra. What a waste. Another member is in Beaten Awake. They're aight. You'd probably like them more than I did. Here are the major releases. I have some spare mp3s I'll up if I feel like it.

abracadaver

Party of Helicopters- Abracadaver

mtforever

Party of Helicopters- Mt. Forever

space

Party of Helicopters- Space and How Sweet It Was

pleasebelieve

Party of Helicopters- Please Believe It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks alot yr a God!I totally agree with what you say about this band, it annoys me that when ever I tell people about them they don't like them. Nice to have them on my comp, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete