Saturday, January 31, 2009

I found some internet

I've been meaning to post this album for a little while now as a follow up to the Slint post, but my internet keeps leaving me and I keep going to work. Bummer, right? Anyway, this is an entrancing Louisville post-rock album comparable to Spiderland, except harder and less eerily piercing. The 12 minute epic The Everyday World of Bodies has probably earned a spot on my list of all-time favorite songs.



Rodan - Rusty

And, here's a couple of albums by a similar sounding band that formed out of the ashes of Rodan, June of 44:



June of 44 - Tropics and Meridians



June of 44 - Anahata

1 comment:

  1. I find y'er reviews as ill-informed as they are entertaining (and that's pretty entertaining).

    www.convenientsyrup.blogspot.com

    it's agunna be big.

    ReplyDelete