Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Was it the weed or the whiskey?"

"Probably both."

It took me a minute to figure out what specific facet of my condition the aging hippie who posed the question to me was referring to - I was doing court-ordered community service at the time - and then it took me another minute to figure out whether or not that question's variable application to my life should be concerning, which ended with me shrugging and going out to cut up boxes and smoke a cigarette. He thoroughly enjoyed my response, by the way, responding with an enthused "right on" and declared that there was still hope for my generation, which apparently makes this a defining question. So, what about you - weed or whiskey?

Anyway, I acquired a couple albums yesterday that I've been enjoying. One's a new-wavey punk band that reminds me of Devo and the other's a shoegazey Chicago post-punk band. I'll let you figure out which is which based on the merits of their names:



Disappears - Live Over the Rainbo



Nodzzz - s/t

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Disappears album. I had been looking around for it but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete