Sunday, March 8, 2009

Indecision and a lazy Sunday

So, it's been a while since I've been around here. This wasn't anything intentional, I've just been a bit caught up in the two primary venues in which my life currently manifests itself: working and drinking. Perhaps if the two activities weren't so mutually exclusive I could better manage my time to so that I could dick around here more often, but I suppose that's just something I'll have to either handle on my own or take up with my employer. Anyway, I'm already starting to infringe on time needed for one of those categories, so I guess I'll get on with it - I mean, coming on here just to talk about my absence is a bit daft.

Moving on, I've been having this problem lately that makes me dismally indecisive when figuring out what I feel like listening to, and it's making me feel somewhat 'out of touch' with myself. I blame this on the weather's apparent bipolar disorder. One weekend we receive more snow than we've had since that blizzard, and the next it's in the upper-70's. How the fuck am I supposed to have any focus when the world around me exists in such extreme indecision itself? Is it too much to ask for the world to stabilize a bit so that I can regain enough composure to get back 'in the know' with myself? Or should I just embrace this state of fluctuation and 'reinvent myself' from day to day? Meh, fuck it, I guess I'll just get back to drinking.

Anyway, here's what I can say about what I have been listening to lately: I've been really digging that Mi Ami album, as well as Real Estate (wish I had more stuff from them).



Mi Ami - Watersports



Real Estate 7"

Also, that knew Grizzly Bear is pretty good. They've always been my favorite bear.



Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

Oh, and could someone please hook me up with the new Crystal Antlers? Looking at you, Nick...

Alright, well, that was refreshing. I think I'll go lay back with a beer for now, but I've this week off from work, which should hopefully give me some time to reassemble my thoughts, take advantage of my intermittent internet connection, and make some actually useful/interesting posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment